Welcome to Eaton Family Credit Union!
We’re a nonprofit, member-owned financial cooperative serving Members who live, work, worship or go to school in Lake or Cuyahoga counties, Ohio, as well as employees of our Select Employer Groups. We’re a full-service financial institution meaning we offer most of the same products and services available at other banks but with a few major differences. Our Members:
- get better rates (higher rates on deposits and lower rates for loans)
- pay lower and fewer fees
- receive great service
- can access their accounts at other Credit Unions across the US that participate in the Shared Branch Network
We invite you to take advantage of the specials listed below as well as look around our website to learn more about what Membership in our Credit Union offers. Please call or write us for more information. We'd love to have you join us as a Member today!
Thanks for visiting!
Important Debit Card Update
All ATM and PIN-based Debit Card transactions now will:
- Be processed and accounted for identically. No differentiation will be made between ATM or PIN-based Debit Card transactions.
- Appear on Members’ account statements on the day they occurred rather than as a total at the end of each month.
- Have transaction fees applied, when applicable, on each date they occur rather than as a total at the end of each month.
Why is this important?
Members who meet minimum account requirements* get 8 free ATM and/or PIN-based Debit Card transactions per month. Now when appropriate, a fee of $1 per ATM or $1 per PIN-based Debit Card transaction will be applied to accounts when minimum account requirements aren’t met or the transaction count exceeds 8 per month.
What should be done?
Members have several options:
- Maintain the minimum account requirements – see below -- and budget your ATM use to 8 transactions per month.
- Use your Debit Card as “credit” anywhere MasterCard is accepted and always select “credit” as the payment method. The merchant usually will require a signature if the purchase is made in person. If the purchase is being made online, use the three-digit security code printed on the back of your Debit Card.
What happens if my account is charged a fee?
No transaction fees should be levied on any signature-based transaction when the “credit” option is selected at the check-out terminal. However, if a fee is incorrectly applied, please call our Card Service Representative Robyn at 216-920-2000, ext. 1000, to have the charge reviewed and possibly refunded.
Introducing My Mobile Money Access
In October, we’re introducing My Mobile Money Access, a new app for Members to control and monitor their EFCU MasterCard Debit Cards.
My Mobile Money Access allows Members to control and monitor their card usage anywhere, anytime using a mobile phone. With it, Members can:
- Set a variety of alerts for card activity, spend limits, dependent card activity, card-not-present transactions and more.
- Set the app to deny a transaction before it takes place based on criteria you set.
- Turn on and off your card for new purchases while not interrupting recurring bill payments such as monthly gym memberships or subscriptions.
- Locate MoneyPass ATMs which are surcharge-free for Members
- Check account balances and transaction history
For more information, click here to see a video explaining how the app works.
To add My Mobile Money to your device, click here to access it from Google Play or here from iTunes.